Millions of homes built before 1978 contain lead paint. This highly toxic substance can pose serious health hazards if you don't take the proper precautions. Lead poisoning produces irreversible effects on children under the age of six, including intellectual deficiency. Adults who are exposed to too much lead will lead to high blood pressure, nerve disorders, and memory and concentration problems.
Although lead is no longer used in paints, gasoline or water pipes, lead paint is still present in an estimated 24 million U.S. homes. More than 400,000 children ages 1 to 5 years living in the United States today have a dangerous level of lead in their blood.
Symptoms of lead poisoning in your child include: irritability, loss of appetite, weight loss, sluggishness, abdominal pain, vomiting, constipation, and anemia. Exposure to even low levels of lead can cause permanent damage in children. These serious health problems lead to nervous system and kidney damage, learning disabilities and speech, language and behavior problems.
Protect your family, or tenants and get your property checked for lead hazards today!